It is natural for the idea of surgery to make you feel apprehensive, which is why we encourage you to ask your surgeon any and all questions you may have. Here are some steps to take in preparation for your surgery:
- Stop taking Aspirin 10 days prior to the procedure and Plavix or other blood thinners five days prior to surgery, unless otherwise directed by a physician.
- Exceptions may be made. Discuss with your surgeon in advance.
- Do not eat or drink after the midnight before your procedure. Also, do not smoke, consume hard candy or chew gum. You may brush your teeth as long as no toothpaste is ingested.
- Exceptions may be made if your surgery is late in the day or if your child is having surgery and is very young. Discuss with your surgeon in advance.
- You will likely be able to go home the day of the surgery.
Post-operative care instructions for your procedure can be found below.